We absolutely adore our kitchen counters, but after recently updating the entire design, we want to preserve the new look as natural as possible. Needless to say, granite countertops can be the perfect addition to your kitchen, but only if they’re kept in good condition. From the moment your granite countertops are installed, they need regular care. Like any natural stone, granite will change color as it ages.
If your granite countertops are looking a little dull or scratched, you may be wondering how to make them look smooth again. Thankfully, there are a handful of things that you can do to restore the shine and appearance of your granite worktops.
We’re sharing these tips on how to make granite countertops smooth so that you can enjoy a natural and glamorous shine for years to come.
If you prefer quartz countertops, you can check out Caesarstone for high-quality residential and commercial products.
Soaked in dense earthy colors, granite is just one of the most beloved kitchen countertop materials – with some exceptional perks – you will struggle to find anywhere else! Granite is a natural stone with a classic appearance for a perfect kitchen makeover.
Exquisite, sturdy, durable, heat and scratch resistant, granite belongs to the igneous rock family. Composed of quartz and feldspar, granite can last years with little maintenance.
If you’re searching for how to make granite countertops smooth again, then follow these simple tips. By cleaning and polishing your countertops regularly and having them professionally refinished if necessary, you’ll be able to appreciate the beauty of your granite countertops for years to come.
●Don’t allow spills to rest, wash them off right away.
● Avoid your counterparts for cutting applications; they can ruin the velvetines of granite surfaces while making them rough and dull.
● Use coasters.
● Avoid placing hot pots directly on the countertop surface.
Another great tip for making your granite countertops smooth again is to use a polishing agent designed specifically for granite. You can find polishing agents at most home improvement stores, and they’ll work to restore the original shine to your countertops.
In addition to this, use an all-purpose cleaner on a soft cloth to wipe down your countertops with regularity. This will help remove dirt, grime, and other particles that may cause scratches in the future.
If your countertops are still looking dull after you’ve tried cleaning and polishing them, or if you’re out of ideas on how to smooth granite edges, you may need to have them professionally refinished. The refinishing process involves sanding down the top layer of your countertops to remove any scratches and restore them to their original look.
The right way to clean your granite countertops
Granite countertops are a beautiful and durable addition to any kitchen, but they require special care to keep them looking their best. Here are some tips for cleaning your granite countertops:
● Wipe up spills immediately with a damp cloth.
● Avoid using harsh cleaners or scrubbing pads on your countertop, as they can scratch the surface.
● Use a gentle, pH-neutral cleaner to remove stubborn stains or dirt build-up. Make sure you don’t use too much of the cleaner, as it could seep into any cracks in your countertop and cause discoloration over time.
● If you have food stains on your granite countertop, you can try using a mixture of baking soda and water to remove them.
● To prevent damage from heat, always use a hot pad or trivet when placing hot pans on your countertop.
● Avoid putting excessive weight on your granite countertop, as it could crack or chip the surface.
Note that the secret of “how to make granite countertops smooth’’ lies in the cleaning pattern! By following these helpful tips and tricks, you can keep your granite countertops looking beautiful for years to come!
It is essential to properly polish your granite countertops to preserve them from discoloration, scratches, and water damage. Here are some hints for polishing granite countertops:
● Use a clean, soft cloth to dust your countertops daily. This will help remove various types of build-up like dirt, grease, and other debris that can dull the surface of your granite.
● Make a homemade cleaning solution by mixing equal water and white vinegar parts in a spray bottle. This natural cleaner effectively removes stains from granite without leaving behind any harmful chemicals or residue.
● Use a soft sponge to apply the cleaning solution, then gently wipe it away with a clean, wet cloth. Be sure to thoroughly rinse the sponge frequently and wring out any excess water so that you don’t damage your countertops.
● If your granite has particularly stubborn stains, consider using a little baking soda along with the vinegar solution for extra cleaning power. Simply sprinkle a small amount of baking soda over the stain, then spray it with vinegar and wipe away with a damp cloth.
● Apply a small amount of mineral oil to the surface once or twice per month for an extra layer of protection on your granite countertops. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully when applying any chemicals to your counters!
If you have granite countertops in your kitchen, then you know how beautiful they can be. But did you also know that they require some special care in order to keep them looking their best? Granite is a natural stone, and it is porous, which means that it can absorb liquids and dirt. This can lead to staining and even etching of the stone.
That’s why it’s important to seal your granite countertops on a regular basis. Sealing them will create a barrier that will protect the stone from dirt, spills, and other messes. It’s an easy process, and it only takes a few minutes. Here’s how to do it:
● Clean the countertop with mild soap and water. Be sure to rinse it well and dry it completely.
● Apply the sealer evenly across the surface of the Granite with a clean, soft cloth.
● Allow the sealer to dry for at least 30 minutes before using the countertop.
As you can see, sealing your granite countertops is a quick and easy process that will help to keep them looking great for years. Whether you’re trying to sell your home or just want to improve the look of your kitchen, sealing your granite countertops is a must!
So, there you have it! Our guide on how to smooth granite countertop surfaces.
If you follow these simple steps, your counters will be protected against stains and spills for years to come.