Hiking puts one to test one’s mind, body and spirit. They are aware of the risks and dangers but still go on hiking adventures to have fun and challenge themselves. Part of the fun is telling others about their thrills and experiences in the wild. Hiking tattoos are one of the best ways of sharing their experiences.
Going on hiking adventures is addictive and is a passion for many. A hiker does not rest for long. He is always on the look-out for new trails and unexplored territories.
In addition to tattoos, many travelers also like to express their passion through custom badges. Tattoo designs can also be easily made into hard enamel pins. These pins can be worn directly on clothing, and shoes, and easily replaced when you are hiking. As an organizer, making a batch of commemorative and challenging pins and giving them to participants must be a great group gift.
Wherever his adventure takes him, his hiking tattoos serve as his permanent ultimate North Star. His tattoos make him feel he is near home.
Meaning of hiking tattoos
Tattoos are body modifications made by inserting dyes, pigment, and ink into a person’s skin. Tattoos can be symbolic or decorative. It can also be temporary or permanent.
A permanent tattoo is inked into the epidermis which is beneath the dermis (outer layer of the skin). A tattoo artist uses a handheld tool affixed with a needle to make numerous pricks on the skin.
The quick and repeated pricking of the needle in the skin drags the ink making it cling to the dermis. The needle is dipped into the ink and a motor makes the needle move up and down the skin. The needle with few ends is for outlining the design and the one with more ends are for coloring and shading.
Hiking tattoos are symbolic images of a hiker’s experiences and anything relevant to his hiking adventure.
A hiking tattoo can be an image of a trail map, a pair of boots, a compass, a panoramic view of nature. A hiker’s tattoos act as a protective emblem that accompanies the hiker wherever he goes.
His passion for hiking in the wild has inspired him to have permanent hiking tattoos. Each tattoo design has inspirations and meanings to the hiker. He holds these images close to his heart and has opted to have them permanently inked in his skin for the rest of his life.
Passionate hikers have embraced the pain that goes with the application and presence of tattoos in their bodies. Some tattoos look good and some look bad. Some tattoos are uncomfortable but these do not bother the passionate hiker a bit.
Hiking tattoos for men
The beauty of nature and love of the wilderness make passionate hikers show the explorer in them with different designs of hiking tattoos.
Men want to show and be reminded of the challenges they have conquered while in the wilderness.
- A compass shows where home is and the arrow signifies areas in the wilderness yet to be conquered.
- An image of a mountain signifies he never wants to be tied down and his being at home in the wilderness.
- A bare tree signifies a human being’s vulnerability.
- Animals and trees in the wild can symbolize rebirth.
- The sun symbolizes his masculinity.
- Mountains are daily reminders that he is strong and can overcome all challenges.
- Evergreens symbolize strength in everything he has to go through.
- A boot footprint to show he has been there.
Men often document their hiking adventure through different tattoos to show and be a reminder of what they have conquered in the wild.
Hiking tattoos for women
Some passionate women hikers show their love for nature and the wilderness by having hiking tattoos inked in their skins. These tattoos may look feminine but are nevertheless symbols of what they have conquered and challenges they have overcome.
- A forest tattoo designed for women often has a view of the mountain signifies a hiking adventure they will never forget.
- A compass symbolizes all directions in the horizons and new paths.
- An armband design of a forest is a unique and enchanting way to show her passion for hiking in the wilderness.
- The moon is a symbol of femininity.
For the longest time, tattoos have been an expression of creativity and permanency. Tattoos are one of the best ways of artistically showing others what you have conquered as a passionate hiker. Having hiking tattoos permanently stamped on your body shows you are proud of your passion and accomplishments.